Use of this Site is subject to the following:
• Information About Us
• Acceptable Usage
• Comments in Forums and in the Photo Gallery
• Contacting Administrators
• For Sale Free Ads
• Copyright of Website
• Dolls Houses Past and Present Magazine Copyright
• Our Liability
• Your Liability
• Third-party Websites
• Applicable Law
Information About Us
The Site is operated by Dolls’ Houses Past and Present which is a non-profit organisation for Dolls’ House enthusiasts, run entirely by volunteers. Dolls’ Houses Past and Present is NOT a registered charity.
The terms “us”, “we” and “our” refer to the Site administrators. The term “you” refers to users or viewers of the Site.
We will determine as to whether content is acceptable for the Site and we will take action against anything that we believe to be:
• Illegal or promoting illegal activity.
• Inaccurate, false or misleading.
• Content that is detrimental to the interests of the site.
We may revise our Acceptable Usage policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Usage policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
If anyone sees any content within the Site that they are concerned about, please contact the administrators by emailing email@example.com or see below for Contacting Administrators.
Comments and Content in Forums and in the Photo Gallery
All comments made and/or content uploaded to the Site by you must be polite and respectful to other members.
All comments made and/or content uploaded to the Site by you must be relevant to the Site and to the topics under discussion.
Inappropriate Comments. We may remove any comments which we deem to be inappropriate.
This includes, but is not limited to, comments regarding any sellers' trading practices, or the prices asked or reached for their merchandise or services. Such comments are not allowed, whether in the discussion forums or in captions or comments on photos. Such comments may have an adverse effect on those sellers' businesses and could lead to legal action for defamation or libel against the member making the comment and/or the site administrators.
If any member receives a comment from another member which they feel to be inappropriate, or if any member or reader of this Site has concerns about any comments, please contact the administrators by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or see below under Contacting Administrators.
Membership is at the sole discretion of the Site administrators.
You are welcome to use the Site without becoming a member, but you will not have complete access, nor will you be able to take advantage of some aspects of the Site.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you register for membership.
Administrators may be contacted by:
• Email at email@example.com,
• Through the Contact Us form, or
• Individually via the Site’s private messaging facility.
Administrators should NOT be contacted by telephone, unless this has been explicitly agreed with them in advance.
There are two areas of the Site where members may place For Sale Ads free of charge. These are:
• the Items For Sale webpage (on the For Sale/Wanted tab), and
• the for Sale Free Ads photo album (in the Galleries).
All adverts must be related to the topic / interest of the Site.
We do not endorse, nor profit in whole or in part, from any product or service offered or promoted by any of the items that appear for sale on the Site. It is the responsibility of buyers to seek assurance about advertisers, evaluate items offered for sale and negotiate any purchase agreements with sellers.
We do not take responsibility for the accuracy of adverts placed on the Site and will not be part of said negotiations nor in any purchase agreements between buyers and sellers. We will not be involved in any disputes between buyers and sellers. If you do not accept these terms do not use the For Sale Ads sections of this Site.
Rules for using For Sale Ads sections of the site:
1. Members are each allowed a maximum of five Ads at any one time (multiple items can be included in one photo, this will be considered as one listing). This maximum number of Ads per member may have to be reduced, depending on demand.
2. No more than six photos per Ad. Photos should be no more than 500kb in size. (Interested parties can contact the seller for more photos to be sent direct, if required).
3. All Ads must give a fair description of the item(s) for sale, including the asking price 700 characters maximum.
4. Contact between sellers and interested parties should, in the first instance, be by the Site’s private message facility, for further information or to arrange a sale.
5. It is highly recommended that sellers obtain proof of posting item(s) to buyers.
6. Sellers are required to delete their Ads when items have sold, or, where items are listed on the Items For Sale webpage, to notify the Site Administrators
7. Ads will be displayed for a minimum of one month (unless sellers remove them sooner). After this time Ads may be deleted by an administrator.
8. Ads which do not relate to the Site interest and links to Ads off-site are not allowed. Any such Ads will be deleted, and violators may be banned from using this service.
We do not like having to delete Ads or ban anyone but in order to keep the For Sale Free Ads section of the Site open and free it is necessary to prevent abuse. Please obey the rules for everyone's benefit.
The Dolls Houses Past and Present Site is for private use only and must not be reproduced in part or in full, or incorporated into any other website, publication or electronic retrieval system, in any form without the express permission of the copyright holder(s).
Each writer / photographer / contributor is responsible for, and retains copyright and intellectual property rights to, their own text / photographs / contribution to the Site.
Except for purposes of private study, no photographs, text or information in any form may be copied / downloaded / stored / saved or reproduced, without permission from and acknowledgement of the individual copyright and/or intellectual property rights holder(s). Any use of any part of this Site, in either part or full, indicates agreement to these conditions.
Dolls Houses Past and Present Magazine Copyright
The Dolls Houses Past and Present website magazine is for private use only and must not be reproduced in part or full in any form. Each writer/photographer/contributor is responsible for, and retains copyright to, their own text/photographs/contribution to this magazine. By downloading, storing, saving or re-printing the magazine in either part or full you hereby agree to these conditions of copyright.
Images on this Site’s magazine are reproduced for the purposes of research and study only. Whilst every effort would have been made to trace any Copyright holders, we would be grateful for any information concerning Copyright of any of the images and we will withdraw them immediately on Copyright holder's request.
We have taken reasonable care in the preparation of the Site.
The content of the pages of this Site is for your general information and use only, and:
• Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, accuracies, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on the Site for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted.
• Your use of any information or materials on the Site is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall, by law, be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this Site meet your specific requirements.
Unauthorised use of this Site may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
From time to time this Site may include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources and accept no responsibility for them or any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
Should you wish to make any comments or have any questions about the Site please contact us.
Last Updated: March 2019