Brass Replacement Fittings for a 1900s Victorian House
by Jan Jones in Tasmania
My Victorian dollhouse was missing a fireplace, so I made a replacement using brass and copper:
This is the original fireplace I copied, with overpaint removed:
Here is the original with new black paint, and the completed replacement one - using tiles from a hearth in the house:
In the next photo, at the top is the replacement curtain rod and rings I made, and below is the original repaired curtain rod from the same house!
Now for the final wallpaper strip of modern papers before gap filling and repapering with old papers! I hope to update you on the progress before too many months go by!