Ageing a Fireplace
by Joan Joyce
If you are like me, forever being outbid on the few nice fireplaces out there, then this is the project for you!
1. Find a source of inspiration.
2. Find a suitable fireplace for a make-over or have a go at making your own!
3. Dismantle it and sand it well.
4. Give it a base coat of emulsion (acrylic / water-based paint). I used a sample pot of Laure Ashley "teal".
5. Top coat with acrylic varnish. I used medium oak. If your varnish is old and treacly all the better!!!
6. Sit back and admire your finished article!